January 14, 2020 (Viz Release) — The Adler Planetarium is one of the most sought-after venues for couples to tie the knot. Not only is it a unique venue space & design but its location offers a distinctive vantage point of the Chicago skyline which isn’t routinely experienced.
In this feature cover story of our latest issue, we lay out the top five tips for brides to create a truly unique wedding experience as it pertains to what the Adler Planetarium has to offer – a love that is “written in the stars”.
• Choose An Instagramable Location with an Amazing View – If you don’t post it on Instagram, did it really happen? The Adler provides a stunning backdrop for your wedding photos – from the slanted ceiling of the Daniel F. and Ida B. Rice Solarium to Chicago’s glittering skyline through panoramic glass windows. It offers ceremonies on the plaza and cocktails on the terrace, weather permitting.
• Book an Unforgettable Venue – built in 1930, the Adler is a historical landmark and it’s all yours for your special event. Guests will be greeted by prismatic rainbows in the aptly named Rainbow Lobby, enjoy cocktails in the Clark Family Welcome Gallery surrounded by futuristic architecture and finally, host the reception in the Solarium. Dancing can be enjoyed in the Grainger Sky Theater, on a floor lit up with LED lights while the wonders of the universe swirl across the dome overhead. All of these spaces are visually stunning and customizable, including projections of your favorite colors, monograms, hashtags, photos, etc.
• Serve Exceptional Food – Food For Thought is the Adler Planetarium’s exclusive caterer, led by executive Chef, Jason White. His team crafts custom dining experiences with your vision and expectations, incorporating menus with local and organic ingredients.
• Enjoy Midwest Hospitality – The staff at the Adler and Food For Thought treat every guest with special pride. They are there to serve you and tend to every detail of your special day. The incredibly friendly and attentive staff shines with a high standard of hospitality.
• Give Your Guests the Moon & The Stars – From critically acclaimed sky shows to the scientific demonstrations and interactive experiences, the Adler Planetarium offers several perks that will take your event “to the stratosphere”. Guests can travel through the cosmos by seeing the moon, planets and stars through our high-powered telescope (weather and staff permitting) or participate in memorable educator-facilitated activities.
“The views were spectacular and I wanted to have as close to a beach ceremony as I could in Chicago. I wish I could give it many more stars as the venue and the staff deserved it. The added telescopes and signature drinks were fun, truly out of this world. I don’t think you can get any better in Chicago.” – Allie G., 7/6/19, The Knot
“From day one, Anna Ditton (sales consultant, Food For Thought) was helpful, fun and always available to answer any question, big or small. Food For Thought catering was delicious, just as we had heard from others. We were lucky enough to have our ceremony and cocktails outside, and then the reception in the Skyline Solarium, which had our guests raving…they are still raving! ” – Julie S., 10/26/18, The Knot
“[It] could not have been a more perfect venue to show off the beautiful city of Chicago for our guests from out of town as well as local. Food For Thought provided the best food we ever had at a wedding.” – Valerie B. 10/29/18, The Knot
CHICAGO BRIDE MAGAZINE is a resource guide for Chicagoland area brides and brides-to-be. Published since 1985. www.chicagobridemagazine.com